If you have been thinking of establishing a company in Western Europe, we can tell you how to do it in the most efficient way. We suggest that you consider Portugal as your prospective company home country. This is one of the most reputable jurisdictions in the world and the economic community trusts Portugal without any reservations.
The name of the country is derived from the name of the city of Porto located on the Atlantic shore in the north of Portugal. Over the centuries, the country has earned the reputation of a reliable trade partner and a strong naval power. Today, it is a vibrant European state popular with tourists as well as foreign investors.
Tourists love Portugal for its natural beauties and high-level services while foreign entrepreneurs find it attractive for the business environment that it offers. We will gladly help you register a business company in Portugal remotely. This means that you can stay home while we are establishing a company for you in an EU member state. If you are interested, please contact us via e-mail email@example.com and expand your commercial opportunities.
Main advantages of having a company registered in Portugal
- The company registration process is going to take not more than 10 days;
- Portugal is one of the most trusted countries on the planet;
- The recent tax reforms have made Portugal even more flexible and loyal to private business;
- There you will find that foreign investors are treated with special sympathy;
- Renting an office for your company in Portugal is not going to be a problem at all;
- The registered capital of one euro is enough to set up a business company in the country;
- A single person can form a company in Portugal and appoint him or herself as the director being the only person on the company staff.
Our experience shows that most people prefer to start with the simplest way of establishing a company in Portugal. They choose to register a Limited Liability Company (or an LDA in Portuguese) in the country. There are four other company ownership types in Portugal, however. We will be happy to tell you about other possibilities if you write to firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up for a free consultation with us.
Documents required for company registration in Portugal:
- A photocopy of your foreign passport;
- Photocopies of the documents that confirm your residence address (Usually, utility bills are used for this purpose. They have to be less than three months old on the date of application);
- A draft of the Articles of Association for your future company.
You have to bear in mind that all the documents have to be translated into Portuguese and the copies must be notarized.
Other mandatory things include obtaining a legal address for your Portuguese company, acquiring accounting support, and a Tax ID. You will have to acquire a personal Tax ID as well as a corporate one for your company. We can solve all these issues for you including the document examination within a very tight timeframe. Please contact us at email@example.com .
The costs of company registration in Portugal
The table below specifies the expenditures that you are going to incur when setting up a company in Portugal. As far as the company name is concerned, you can pick one from the list of preapproved legal names provided by the Registrar or you can use a unique name for your Portuguese company. In the latter case, company registration is going to cost you 1,200 euros more. This additional cost is not included in the total service price as indicated in the headline. The initial registration costs that are included in the overall price are indicated in the table.
|REGISTRATION SERVICES||Initial company registration
|Registration extension per year|
|With a preapproved company name||With a unique company name|
|Company registration||1,200 EUR||2,400 EUR|
|The mandatory acquisition of Tax ID for the company owner: a Portuguese tax representative is required for this purpose||500 EUR||500 EUR|
|Tax representative services in Portugal||600 EUR (for 3 months)||600 EUR (for 3 months)|
|Apostilled document package for opening a bank account outside Portugal||400 EUR||400 EUR|
|Legal address rent||3,000 EUR|
|Accountant’s services||900 EUR (for 3 months)||900 EUR (for 3 months)||3,600 EUR|
|Access to the Certificate of Commercial Registration||150 EUR|
|Total:||3,600 EUR||4,800 EUR||6,750 EUR|
Open a corporate bank account for your Portuguese company in Seychelles
Offshore Pro Group invites you to consider the opportunity to set up a corporate account in a Seychellois bank. This bank is subordinate directly to the Central Bank of Seychelles and meets all the international transparency and reporting standards in accordance with the country’s legislation.
The bank is co-owned by several international companies and it is managed by a team of experienced bankers residing in Seychelles.
The bank has been actively expanding its international presence. Today, it services a large number of foreign companies registered in many different countries of the world. The management team consists of highly professional bankers and the bank has been given a number of international awards. For instance, the bank’s corporate website received three prestigious awards at the Third Pan Arab Banking Web Awards in 2012. In addition, it won the Straight Through Processing (STP) Prize in 2011 and J.P. Morgan Chase Prize in the same year for the exceptional quality of processing international transfers. These awards have contributed to the bank’s success in Seychelles and allowed it to become one of the major players in the national banking market.
One of the bank shareholders is Bank Muscat (SAOG) that is the leading financial company in Oman sultanate with the assets worth 18 billion US dollars.
A multicurrency corporate bank account with the Seychellois bank
The bank provides for the possibility to open a corporate account to those foreign entrepreneurs who are prepared to put US$ 25,000 into the account as the initial deposit. If you are, the account can be opened remotely.
A corporate account with the Seychellois bank is a flexible financial instrument. It will allow keeping, operating, and increasing your capital. An account in this bank will bring you the following main benefits:
- The possibility to receive and make transfers in three major world currencies: GBP, EUR, and USD;
- Incoming payments without charge and moderate fees for outgoing payments;
- Free transfers between accounts if you have several of those in the bank;
- The possibility to add a VISA Debit Card to your account;
- Monthly or quarterly bank statements free of charge;
- The possibility to manage your account(s) in this bank from any place in the world by use of the online Net Banking system;
- No payments for bank officers’ assistance in managing your account(s).
You have to deposit UD$ 25,000 in the bank in order to set up a corporate account for your Portuguese company. The minimum security balance shall remain at the same level in the future.
|Bank tariffs||Fees, $US|
|Monthly account maintenance fee (for every currency)||15|
|Internal transfer||Free of charge|
|Transfer below US$ 500,000||50+correspondent bank fees|
|Transfer above US$ 500,000||150+correspondent bank fees|
|SWIFT payment tracking to confirm it||60|
|SWIFT payment tracking to cancel it||25+correspondent bank fees|
|Connection, activation||Free of charge|
|Internal transfer||Free of charge|
|Internal transfer to somebody else’s account||10|
|International transfer (SWIFT)||50+correspondent bank fees|
|Fixed-term deposit for 1 to 36 months||Minimum deposit 500,000|
VISA Electron Debit card
When setting up a corporate account with the Seychellois bank, you can also acquire a VISA Electron Debit card.
Currently, the bank does not issue any other pay cards but it is planning to enlarge the range of VISA cards that it can offer to clients in the near future.
Corporate bank clients can use their VISA debit cards to pay for goods and services anywhere in the world where VISA cards are accepted. There are over 5 million ATM’s around the world that will accept VISA cards.
The main advantages of VISA Electron Debit card from the Seychellois bank:
- Smart Chip technology that provides for the card use security;
- Card acceptance in POS terminals all over the world;
- 24/7 support via the telephone;
- Remote access to the money on the card via ATM’s and online banking;
- The possibility to make a purchase via any channels: by mail, the Internet, or the telephone;
- Card acceptance for booking hotels, renting cars, and so on;
- Automatic currency conversion;
- The possibility to order a US dollar or a euro card.
VISA Electron Debit card tariffs
|Tariffs in USD||Tariffs in EURO|
|Card delivery by mail
Card delivery with a courier
|Card delivery by mail
Card delivery with a courier
|Card replacement||30 USD||Card replacement||24 EUR|
|Payment with the card||2% of the payment amount||Payment with the card||2% of the payment amount|
|Cash withdrawal||10 USD||Cash withdrawal||8 EUR|
|Balance check in ATM||10 USD||Balance check in ATM||8 EUR|
|Annual maintenance fee||100 USD||Annual maintenance fee||80 EUR|
|Currency conversion commission||3% of the transaction amount||Currency conversion commission||3% of the transaction amount|
Online banking with the Seychellois bank
The security of the online operations is the highest priority with this bank. It uses the state-of-the-art security technologies including 128-bit SSL coding, firewalls, temporary log-out, and access blockage in case the wrong password has been entered three times in a row. These technologies provide for the security of the bank clients personal financial information.
- The bank takes extreme safety measures to prevent unauthorized access to its servers by employing firewalls and access management technologies.
- All transactions undergo 128-bit SSL coding, which is the highest standard in the coding industry.
- The passwords are generated individually and in a most secure way.
- In order to prevent the possibility to guess the client’s password and thus gain access to his or her account the client’s profile is blocked when the wrong password is entered three consecutive times. Automatic de-blocking occurs after 24 hours.
- In case the client leaves his or her computer unattended while still connected to the Internet, the internet will be disconnected automatically after an extensive idle period. This helps prevent unauthorized logging in by another person while the client is absent from the room.
- The clients can block access to his or her own account at any time and they can also request to de-block the account at any time.
Investment financing from the Seychellois bank
Corporate clients of the bank can make use of a unique opportunity to take part in an investment project. In particular, they can purchase real estate on Eden Island.
Eden Island is one of the most beautiful islands in the world. It is located within a few minutes away from the main island of the Seychelles archipelago – Mahe. A fantastic-looking bridge spans the two islands. The total area of Eden Island is 56 hectares.
This investment project offers several separate residential accommodations and advanced infrastructure. All the accommodations have breath-taking views of lavish vegetation, the ocean, and the neighboring islands of Cerf and St. Anna.
Eden Island has a number of houses, villas, and apartments from 88 to 609 square meters (947 to 6,555 sq. ft.) in size. The land lot areas vary from 250 to 3,000 square meters (2,691 to 32,292 sq. ft.).
Every villa on this paradise island has its own berthing facility for the yacht. The boats can be moored next to the villa or in a world-class marina that can take superyachts of up to 100 meters (328 feet) long.
Mortgage from the Seychellois bank for purchase of real estate on Eden Island
The bank is proud to be the key partner in the financing project that allows taking out mortgages for the purchase of residential accommodations on Eden Island. The bank clients are eligible to apply for such a mortgage.
The bank has been participating in this project for over three years now and it has given loans to many happy customers who bought exclusive residential estate on the Island.
The Seychellois bank strategy is to try and surpass the clients’ expectations. It offers high-quality innovative financial solutions and top-level banking services. Probably, you will not find a large spectrum of investment projects with this bank but it is certainly suitable for asset diversification and capital protection as well as mundane business operations.
Documents required for opening a corporate account with the Seychellois bank
In order to set up an account in this bank all company beneficiaries and account signers will have to submit the following documents:
- Notarized copies of their foreign passports or any other identification documents that carry their photographs and signatures;
- Proofs of their residential addresses (a bank statement or a utility bill). These documents shall be not more than two months old on the date of the application documents submission. They have to be translated into English, if necessary, and notarized.
- Bank application forms – completed and signed. These forms shall clearly state the goal(s) of opening a corporate account with the Seychellois bank. We will provide the forms to you and help you complete them if needed.
- A detailed description of the company business activities (companies providing consulting or investment services are not eligible to apply for services to this bank). Including:
- Industry or sector of economy where the company operates;
- Company webpage especially if yours is an online business;
- Trade partners and partner countries;
- Origins of funds;
- The full package of corporate documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation or Registration;
- Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- A document certifying the company management arrangements (a director appointment resolution, a power of attorney, or other documents);
- Certificate of Good Standing if the company was registered more than one year ago;
- The bank may request some additional documents from us, as we will act as your official representative. If this is the case, we will request these documents from you.
Important: all the corporate documents have to be translated into the English language and translations legalized.
If you are interested in forming a business company in Portugal and opening a corporate bank account in Seychelles, please place a request for this combined service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also bear in mind that we can offer a number of other combinations of the form “a foreign company + a foreign bank account”. Do not hesitate to enquire about more opportunities by writing to the address above. Most people hate paperwork while we are genuinely keen on it!