In order you could manage your funds successfully, we offer you opening a bank account with the Global Bank of Commerce in Antigua and Barbuda. This can be done remotely without your presence, which becomes extremely important given the pandemic announced.
The Bank has been operating successfully in the Caribbean since 1983. During this time, the bank has gained many years of experience working with international clients, strengthened its position in the international market and is now successfully developing in accordance with the latest banking trends.
The Global Bank of Commerce (GBC) can surely be called the oldest bank of the island nation, as the financial institution was the first of all banks in Antigua and Barbuda that received a banking license under the International Business Corporations Act of 1982.
The Bank is a classic offshore financial institution that works with major convertible currencies and offers you to open a personal account in USD, EURO, GBP and CAD.
The Bank also offers investment products under the management of its Investment Department, GBC Wealth Management Ltd.
If you have already decided that you do want to open a private bank account in Antigua, please apply for a prompt and exhaustive advice on the matter by emailing to email@example.com.
GBC Wealth Management Ltd (GBCWM)
GBCWM was established in 2006 in the framework of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean Countries (OECS) members. All the clients of GBCWM are mostly from OECS, Caribbean community and the diaspora, and Latin America. However, very soon the customer market will be expanded to Asia, Canada and Europe.
A team of experts in managing assets of the wealthy works closely with the clients and develops investment solutions on a case-by-case basis. Services in this field include the following:
- Asset and investment portfolio management;
- Pension fund management;
- Financial planning, establishing of trusts and corporate structures;
- Securities trading;
- Investment consulting services;
- Guarantee services;
- Consulting services of the investment club;
- Private pension accounts;
- Savings plan for teenagers and others.
Private banking in the Global Bank of Commerce
The Bank offers private banking services to the clients interested in the asset management assistance, inheritance planning, trusts and international corporations.
The Bank works closely with the professional asset management companies and offers its services at the highest level. These investment companies that are partners of the Bank are similar to those found in other international financial centers such as the UK, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Among the most common services the following can be noted:
- discretionary investment management services for the clients who wish to diversify their investment portfolio internationally;
- investment consulting services;
- international trusts and property planning services.
Globex Secure online banking
Globalization of the world is the main reason for the development of Internet banking at the Global Bank of Commerce. The Bank offers a modern online platform with a convenient interface and continuous access to its funds.
Private account owners can easily contact the Bank via online bank, check the account balance and their investments, and give instructions to their banker.
Globex Secure is a fully automated online banking system, completely accessible and convenient to the Bank’s customers, since the financial needs of each client are unique.
Custody service at the Global Bank of Commerce
The Global Bank of Commerce offers you an opportunity of taking advantage of different types of bank accounts, which will not only allow you to manage your funds, but will also increase your capital.
Money market deposit account:
- Minimum balance is $20,000.
- Interest is calculated daily and paid once a quarter.
- If the balance is below the specified amount, there will be no quarterly interest payment.
Classic savings account:
- Minimum balance is $5,000.
- Interest is paid quarterly on the basis of the minimum balance within the quarter.
- If the account balance is below $1,500 within any month, the quarterly interest payment does not occur and the monthly maintenance fee is charged.
Golden savings account:
- Minimum and average balance is $10,000.
- If the account balance is below $10,000, the interest is calculated at 2% per annum, and the maintenance fee of $50 is charged.
- If the account balance is below $1,500 during the month, the interest is not paid.
Gold bonds – fixed-rate deposit:
- Minimum amount is $25,000.
- Fixed-rate deposit can range from 3 months to 5 years.
- Interest is paid quarterly, or every six months, or annually.
International flexible account:
- Minimum amount is $100,000.
- Fixed-rate deposit can range from 3 months to 5 years.
- Interest rates are not fixed and may vary in line with the market trends.
In addition, the deposit can be issued from the account at any time and thus you can get the best interest rate.
During the year, cash withdrawals from your deposit of no more than 25% of the balance are allowed in accordance with the following conditions:
- The balance in the deposit account is at least $100,000;
- No more than four cash withdrawals within one calendar year.
Private account with the Global Bank of Commerce
In addition to the expanded range of savings accounts, the Bank also offers you a settlement account for daily operations. Thanks to your settlement account, you will be able to easily and quickly manage your assets, carry out the necessary financial transactions, pay bills, and use the funds for your personal purposes.
The minimum balance in the account is USD 5,000.
No cumulative interest.
The printout of the account operations is available from the online bank.
|Minimum balance and service rates|
|Settlement account||$5,000.00||$20 per quarter|
of money market
|$20,000.00||$50 per quarter|
|$200.00||$10 per month|
|$1,000.00||$50 per quarter|
|$25,000.00||$5 per month|
|Rate for direct payment of credit/debit orders||$20|
|Standing order||$5 per each transaction|
|Internal transfers||$3 per each transaction|
|Payment of other banks’ checks and their storage/collection||$2 per each check|
|Confirmation for audit||$40|
|Emails||$5 per month|
|Account look-up||$25 per hour|
The procedure for opening a private account with the Global Bank of Commerce
- In order to receive a service from the Offshore Pro Group regarding opening of your account with the Global Bank of Commerce, you need to contact us via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then you need to pay a commission for the assistance in opening your account with the Global Bank of Commerce. Service fees can be paid with a card, via Western Union, WebMoney or a bank transaction. The service cost is EUR 2,999.00.
- After you pay the commission, we will begin the process of preparing your papers.
For opening an account individuals will be required to provide the following documents:
- Notarized copy of the travel passport or another ID with the photograph and signature pages.
Note: If the notary refuses to endorse your travel passport, it is necessary to get it translated into English with a sworn translator (main pages: photo and signature), then sew the copy of the passport original copies with the translated copy, get it apostilled and notarized.
- Proof of residence that should include copies your of utility bills, or bank statements (credit cards), which reflect the valid address required to confirm your residence address.
Note: the utility bill data should not exceed 2 months by the time the package of documents is submitted for registration. They must be translated into English, notarized and clearly reflect the residence address a particular individual.
- Bank certificate
Note: The certificate provided by your bank must confirm the information that you have been working with this bank for at least one year from the date of application. If you can’t provide a bank certificate, you can provide two professional references about you;
- Filled and signed bank forms for account opening;
The bank can only provide communication with the client in English or Spanish.
If you would like to open an account with the Global Bank of Commerce, do not hesitate to contact us by email to email@example.com. And we will help you become a bank account holder in the Caribbean.