International business company (IBC) in Antigua for 2,310.00 USD
The modern international business center of Antigua and Barbuda offers attractive terms for registering offshore companies and acquiring other financial products. The islands are an independent state with an interesting and long history of development. Previously, the islands located in the Caribbean were the territories of Great Britain and were living a traditional colonial life. However, after many years, Antigua and Barbuda gained independence and began to develop in the direction of the modern offshore center.
Antigua and Barbuda is a very young offshore, since the island nation appeared in the political map of the world in the current status in 1981 only. More than 30 years later, Antigua has become a place where you can establish not only an Antiguan offshore, but also acquire a second economic citizenship for investment.
Like other Caribbean offshores, Antigua and Barbuda has a state system based on a federal constitutional monarchy run by the governor-general. In fact, the Prime Minister governs the state together with the Parliament that consists of the Senate, the upper chamber of parliament, and the House of Representatives, that is the lower chamber.
The main industries in Antigua and Barbuda are tourism, agriculture and financial services. And since agriculture and tourism are the areas that involve certain risks, such as natural conditions, the government of the island nation is working diligently to develop the financial sector.
If you have already decided that you want to set up an international business company in Antigua, please apply for a rapid and comprehensive consultation on the matter by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Establish a company in Antigua
You can easily establish an offshore company in Antigua, as the jurisdiction allows registration of companies of different business areas. It can be both international holdings and classic trading, financial and other companies. The main type of companies that are registered in Antigua is the International Business Company (IBC).
IBC in Antigua have the features that are similar to other offshore companies. The main rule for IBC is to do business with foreign companies and individuals regardless of their type of activities. At the same time, IBC cannot work in the local market and with the local population. Otherwise, the company will be recognized as an onshore and will be taxed as a local company.
Companies established in Antigua wishing to provide banking and other financial services requiring certain licensing must obtain the necessary licenses.
Taxation of an offshore company in Antigua
IBC in Antigua is exempt from paying taxes on dividends, interest, royalties, and so on, for a period of 50 years.
In order for your offshore company in Antigua to be a tax-free company it needs to meet certain requirements:
- Firstly, the company must have a registered office and an agent in Antigua.
- Secondly, an IBC in Antigua must be registered by 2 residents of Antigua, and one of them must be a lawyer.
- Thirdly, the Memorandum of Association signed by the founders must be sent to the International Commercial Corporations Department. The Memorandum must include: name, legal address, supposed number of shares, their type, as well as the number of directors, information on the founders, and describe the business activity restrictions.
- The IBC share capital size is not established. The recommended size is one thousand shares worth one thousand US dollars.
The main features of an offshore company in Antigua are the IBCs:
|Antigua Offshore Company|
|Number of directors||At least one. The company’s director can be both an individual and a legal entity, resident of any jurisdiction.|
|Company’s shareholders||At least one. The company’s shareholder director can be both an individual and a legal entity, resident of any jurisdiction.|
|Founders||2 residents of Antigua, one of them must be a lawyer.|
|Company’s share capital||No requirements to the size and mandatory payment of the share capital.|
|Company’s name||Company’s name should end with the words Limited, Corporation, Incorporated, or abbreviations Ltd., Corp., Inc., IBC|
|Issuing shares||Registered shares and shares to bearer, with and without par value. No registration of shares in the register.|
|Shareholders’ meetings and boards of directors||can be held anywhere in the world. No need to hold the meetings and boards annually.|
When choosing a company name, it is important to remember that the words Bank, Building Society, Savings, Insurance, Assurance, Re-Insurance, Fund Management, Investment Fund, Trust or any equivalents of those in the foreign languages are not allowed in the name of an offshore company if it does not have a license to provide the services specified in its name.
|Establishing an International Business Corporation (without international banking licenses or
|THE MAIN CORPORATION PACKAGE — Standard Articles of Association and Statutes
— Addenda to the Articles of Association and notifications
— Legal address and Registration Agent
— Organizational protocols
— Share certificates issuance and maintaining the Register of Shareholders
— Corporation seal
|International courier delivery|
|State duty (mandatory)||$300|
|Registration agent and legal address (mandatory)||$685|
|Notarization, per one document||$130|
|Apostil, per one document||$455|
|Certificate of Incumbency or of Good Standing||$360|
|Notice of change of directors||$195|
|Notice of change of officials||$195|
|Change of legal address||$455|
|Changes in the distribution of shares, including cancelling share certificates, purchase and sale, issuance of a new share certificate, entry in
the Register of Shareholders
|Merger of companies (merger of 2 companies)||$1855|
The IBC establishing procedure in Antigua
To set up an offshore company in Antigua, you need to contact us by email to email@example.com after which you will be provided with detailed advice and a bill for payment.
The cost of registering an IBC in Antigua will be 2,310.00 USD, which you can pay with a card, via Web Money, MoneyGram or a bank transaction.
Once you have paid the commission, the process of preparing your documents begins.
To register an IBC in Antigua, individuals will be required to provide the following documents:
- Completed application specifying the preferred company name, type of business, details of the founding directors and shareholders (citizenship, country of residence, address, profession, etc.);
- Notarized copy of the travel passport or another acceptable Identification Document (pages with the photo and signature).
Note: It is possible that the notary may say they do not certify copies of the travel passports. In this case, make an English translation, sew it to the original copy (pages with the photo and signature) at the sworn translator’s and get it notarized.
- Proofs of residence (utility bills);
Notarized copy of a utility bill or a bank account/credit card statement to confirm your residence address.
Note: This document must be no older than 3 months by the time the registration package is submitted. It must also be translated into English and notarized. It must contain the information that will clearly show the individual’s residence address;
- Bank statement from a bank that has known the customer for more than 1 year.
For beneficiaries, shareholders and directors of companies, it is necessary to provide all the above information, as well as the full package of legal documents on the company:
- Notarized copy of the share certificate (if the company has registered shares); the declaration of the trust, if the company has a corporate shareholder(s).
- Notarized copy of the letter of attorney if the company has a Corporate Director(s).
- Notarized copy of the General Meeting Minutes and the Articles of Association of the legal entity/structure/operating agreement and the Memorandum. (Articles and Memorandum of Association or By-Laws)
- Samples of signatures of the company’s
- Notarized copy of the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of The Company’s Good Standing (if the company has been in existence for more than one year).
- Letter of undertaking (applied in the case of shares to bearer). –
- Certificate of shareholders/subscribers.
- Subscribers appointment of the company’s director.
Note: all the documents must be translated into English and notarized.
Do not hesitate to ask us for a consultation and registration of your company in Antigua right now. We will provide you with the best offshore products with the nominee service. Our contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.